Just when you thought it was safe to push a firewall policy...
Today one of the Operations guys tried to push an updated policy to the enforcement module that I migrated recently and was greeted by some errors regarding "No valid FM license". (I still haven't figured out what FM stands for yet).
I've no idea why this happened out of the blue. I could certainly push a policy after I finished the migration. I restarted Firewall-1, and also received some "No valid FM licenses" during the initialisation messages.
I pulled up the SmartUpdate application, and detached the licenses associated with that node and reattached them (well I noticed that one of them was for an IP address that wasn't on that firewall so I left that detached) and did a cprestart, and everything came good. I gave it a reboot just to make sure it wasn't going to return to SNAFUness after a reboot, and it was still good.
I look forward to the next enforcement module migration with much fear and trepidation.